2016 GMC Sierra 1500 Edmonton AB
Much like the Chevy Silverado, the GMC Sierra was just overhauled in 2014 so you wouldn’t expect it to go through much for the upcoming model year. However, the 2016 GMC Sierra 1500 in Edmonton AB has received a multitude of updates and new features in addition to the redesigning of its front and rear fascias. We’re extremely excited about the upcoming Sierra and all of its new features, and can’t wait to see them for ourselves when the truck arrives sometime this fall. But until then, we thought we’d take a closer look at exactly what it is that’s new about the 2016 model year’s GMC Sierra.
What’s New in the 2016 GMC Sierra 1500?
There are so many new features and upgrades within the upcoming GMC Sierra that have already been confirmed we thought that it might be easier to simply build a list. So the following list is comprised of all the new features coming to the new truck:
- Redesigned front-end styling distinct to each trim level
- New headlamps featuring signature GMC LED lighting
- High-Intensity-Discharge projector-beam headlamps featuring signature GMC LED lighting on Base, SLE and SLT
- LED foglamps standard on SLT, All Terrain and Denali
- Redesigned grille exclusive to each trim level: Base, Elevation Edition, SLE, SLT, All Terrain and Denali
- LED taillamps standard on SLT, All Terrain and Denali
- Redesigned 20” chrome-clad aluminum wheels available
- Elevation Edition package available on Base model
- Hydra-Matic 8L90 8-speed automatic transmission available with 5.3L V8
- Enhanced GMC IntelliLink including new 7” or 8” screen, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto
- Wireless phone charging technology
- Remote-locking tailgate available
- Power-articulating assist steps on Denali crew cab
- Driver Alert Package adds IntelliBeam headlights and Lane Keep Assist
- Four new exterior colors: Crimson Red Tintcoat, Cardinal Red, Mahogany Metallic and White Frost Tintcoat
Schedule a test drive today to be among the first behind the wheel of the 2015 GMC Sierra 1500.