2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Edmonton AB
As we’ve stated time and time again, if you have a job to get done, and a light-duty truck just isn’t cutting it, then it might be time to upgrade to something like the 2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD in Edmonton AB. GMC is one of the best manufacturers on the planet at building rugged, capable trucks, their Heavy Duty trucks are the perfect example of that. If you know you’re going to need to haul or trailer around heavy load after heavy load, then there is no better truck than the Sierra 2500HD, except maybe the 3500HD.
Since the Sierra line was introduced in 1998, the trucks have undergone two major generational shifts, the most recent occurring just a couple of years ago in 2014. But just because the truck was redesigned recently, doesn’t mean the 2016 version can’t have plenty of enhancements, which it certainly does. So on top of having a 6.0L V8 that delivers 360 horsepower, 380 lb-ft. of torque and a trailering capacity of 14,500 lbs., the new model has a host of upgrades as well!
What’s new in the 2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD?
There were actually plenty of new features and changes for the 2016 model year, which have us all very excited for the arrival of the Heavy Duty GMC Sierra later this year. The upgrades to the 2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD are as follows:
- High-intensity Discharge Projector-beam headlamps and LED lighting made standard
- Digital Steering Assist for enhanced handling
- Available Fifth-wheel Trailering Prep Package
- Available wireless phone charging
- Available remote locking tailgate
- SAE J2807 trailering rating standards
- Enhanced IntelliLink with new 7” display audio screen
- Available enhanced IntelliLink with 8” display audio screen
- Apple CarPlay Capability
- New Exterior Colors: Crimson Red Tintcoat, Cardinal Red, Deep Garnet, Mahogany Metallic
With these outstanding new upgrades and enhancements, the 2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD is the most capable and thrilling Heavy Duty truck GMC has ever produced. If you’re interested in getting behind the wheel of one for yourself when they release later this year, be sure to schedule a test drive right here on our website to be among the first in the driver’s seat.