Chevy Bolt EV Concept Edmonton AB
The North American International Auto Show is always where big announcements and unveilings happen. Last year, one such unveiling occurred in the form of an all-electric concept, and after a lot of excitement Chevrolet announced that they would proceed with a production model. We’ve now gotten word that the production version of the Chevy Bolt EV Concept in Edmonton AB will make its official debut at the 2016 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, which kicks off January 4th.
The Chevy Bolt EV is supposed to change the game for Chevy and electric vehicles, as engineers designed it to be attainable rather than exclusive and premium. They set out to create an affordable electric vehicle that has a long range, and we can’t wait to see if they were able to meet their goals.
What we already know about the Chevy Bolt EV
We don’t yet know much about the production model of the Chevy Bolt EV. Since unveiling the very unique concept car and subsequently announcing it would be turned into a production model, General Motors has held their cards close to the chest. But we’ll cover what we do already know about the vehicle so that you can at least get an idea of what’s in store at the 2016 CES
- Chevrolet has said that the vehicle will be affordable, with a rumored price tag of under $50,000
- They also intend to make the Bolt long-range, with an all-electric driving range exceeding 320km
- There will be an operating mode select system, allow drivers to tailor the experience to their style
- Those modes will adjust accelerator pedal mapping, vehicle ride height, suspension tuning and more
- The Chevy Bolt will be compatible with DC Fast Charging
- While it might look like a hatchback sedan, the Bolt is actually a subcompact crossover
- Cabin will provide roomy amount of space thanks to diminished front and rear overhang
- Lastly, the Chevy Bolt will sit four comfortably
As more information comes to light about the brand-new 2017 Chevy Bolt EV, we’ll be sure to fill you in. Expect many more details to come to light after the production-model Bolt makes its world debut in Las Vegas next month.