General Motors Strategic Plan
Recently, the fairly new management team at General Motors, led by CEO Mary Barra, outlined some of their goals for the future of the company. Barra had this to say in regards to the future:
“In the nine months that this leadership team has been together, we have spent a significant amount of time setting our goals for the future of GM and developing a specific action plan. Our strategic plan is a pathway to earn customers for life and create significant shareholder value in the process. Every chance to connect with a customer is an opportunity to build a stronger relationship.”
We believe this spells good things for GM customers in the future, as we think it means they’re going to be listening much closer to what customers want and what you are looking for in your vehicles. In addition to this little promise, Barra and her leadership team outlined some of their specific goals. A few of them we thought you might be interested in, and they’re summarized below.
- The first and most exciting piece of their plan, is that they plan on continuing to establish their flagship brand, Cadillac, by expanding the company even further in the luxury market. What has us the most excited is the news that they plan on revealing four new vehicles in North America during 2015, including the Cadillac CT6 (which we believe to be the finalized name for the Elmiraj conecpt).
- They pointed out a figure that they expect to raise up to 38% over the next couple of years, and that is the percentage of sales volume that comes from new or refreshed products. We think this means that you can expect more GM vehicles to enter new generations and perhaps more brand new models.
- They also want to introduce the largest automotive deployment of 4G LTE high-speed Wi-Fi connectivity vehicles, which means you can expect a Wi-Fi connection in just about every GM vehicle you can purchase.
- Vehicle-to-Vehicle communication is something that has been picking up steam all over the industry, and GM looks to introduce it in the 2017 Cadillac CTS.
- Something that has us excited yet a little scare at the same time, is the launching of GM’s highly automated driving technology called Super Cruise. It’s a technology that allows you to drive for long periods of time on the highway without ever using your hands.
These are just a few of the things discussed at the conference, but they all have us very excited about the future of General Motors automobiles. Be sure to stay tuned to our blog, where we are sure to expand upon these items further as more information becomes available.