How to Understand a CarProof Report
Vehicle Details and Report Summary
This provides an overall summary of the vehicle and findings of the report. Here you will find the VIN number, make, model and year of the vehicle as wella s the report number and date together with a quick summary showing if the car was stolen, in an accident or has lien records as well as its Canadian and U.S. (if applicable) registration data.
Chronological Event Summary
This section shows each report filed on the vehicle, in the order that they were filed including reports made by the Motor Vehicle Department, insurance companies’ reports, police reports, insurance repairs, odometer readings, auto auction reports, registrations and more.
Accident, Collision and Damage Detail
Here you can see if a vehicle has been in an accident or received damage, when said accident or damage occurred, details of the impact, repair estimates and insurance claims.
This section shows if there are any liens on the vehicle. If a lien is found, you will be able to see more information about the lien as well as the regional office’s contact information on it. This section will only report liens found in a province or territory of Canada.
This section shows where the vehicle has been registered in Canada, as well as how the vehicle was branded when it was registered. The branding reports the car’s status:
- ‘Salvage’ reports that damage to the car is greater than the vehicle’s market value at the time.
- ‘Rebuilt’ means that the vehicle was once branded as Salvage, but has since been rebuilt, inspected and approved to be safe for the road.
- ‘Non-Repairable’ reports that the vehicle was inspected and deemed to never be safe to drive on the road again.
- ‘Normal’ means that the vehicle was never reported as Salvage, Rebuilt or Non-repairable.
- ‘Inspection Required’ means that the vehicle has not yet been inspected since registration in that province or territory.
- ‘Stolen’ branding means that the car was registered while it was reported to be stolen.
- ‘Not Found’ means registration for the vehicle was not found in the province or territory.
Stolen Vehicle Check
Here you will see if a vehicle was reported stolen and any related information from the Canadian Police Information Centre database.
If the vehicle was imported into either Canada or the United States, records will appear here, along with details on the import including date, vehicle branding at the time, case number and inspection time.
United States Vehicle History
This section displays events that occurred to the vehicle while in the United States (if data is available). This information is provided by Experian Automotive’s database.
Other Records Section
Here you will see what other records, if any, have been reported on the vehicle.
Claim your Free CarProof Report
Interested in a vehicle on our lot? Contact us for a complete vehicle history reportno charge.